Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Halloween Decor

Usually, I don't really do Halloween decoration. I guess because we don't have any kids, yet and my neighborhood usually pretty quiet during Halloween. But, last week, I got this Happy Howl-loween set from Digital Doodle and the DT gals really inspired me to step up my game and create something besides cards.

So, here we go. My very first Halloween table decor. All made with papers.


Challenges:
MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge, Make A Scene!
Freshly Brewed - paper piecing
AiFactory - anything goes
Alice in Wonderland - with a window or hole
Incy Wincy Designs - anything goes
Stamps R Us - halloween


View from an angle to show the layers.

For the bats, I attached them using a strip of acetate. I curled one of the acetate strip and attached the bat at the curled end, so it looks like the bat flying in front of the "Boo!" moon. The other one, I left it straight the way it is.

Here's a look of the decor in a dark room. Kind of fun to see how the yellow papers just glow. I thought it looks pretty darn good in the dark and not too scary looking. LOL, I avoided putting anything scary looking in our house. Only cutesy stuff for me. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, it's really hard getting good picture in the dark. :)


Each of the DT member get to pick which set they want to work with, so you will really see variety of project from the Digital Doodle gals. Go check them out here and enjoy some inspiring eye candies.



By the way, this weekend is World Card Making Day. Do you have any plan to celebrate it? I'm thinking about doing a a little contest or a card drive to make it more fun. Awhile back my mom has this suggestion of doing cards for the elderly. We have many elderly in nursing homes that are lonely & sometime forgotten. She thought it would be nice if we remember the elderly as well and not just kids (she knows I supported Cards For Kids). Would you join me if I do this theme?

Pitch in your suggestion and if you have any particular nursing homes in mind, please email or left a comment & we can organize to mail the card there. Or if you know anyone in a nursing home who could use a cheerful card to brighten their day, send in their info. On Thursday, I'll decide what we would do, how, and I'll get some prizes ready. Since international shipping is expensive, those outside the US can join if you don't mind sharing the shipping cost. Sounds good? Any and all suggestions are welcome! Cheers...

26 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Squeealll!!! This is sooooo awesome!! I absolutely love this Vera-sooo fun!! :)

B said...

Whoa how fun!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh wow, this is wonderful, Vera! I love it!

~amy~ said...

WOW...fabbie project!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What a spooktacular stunning house! I love the large moon and bats! Stunning job :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow! Soooo Cute, Vera!
I love, love, love it!!!

racinggrandma61 said...

I love your project. The colors are just devine. TYSVM for playing with us at AiFactory and please be sure to come back and play with us again. I love that house. I am sure that it goes well on your table.

Laralee DT

Piali said...

So Cute yet spooky!! Love it.

Virginia L. said...

You have put on a SPOOK-tacular display, Vera!! Love this project!!!

Kathy Martin said...

This Halloween decor item is so cute and fun Vera! You did a fantastic job with it! Love the big boo sentiment...looks like a moon over the house!

Kathy Martin said...

I forgot to say that I think your World Card Making idea to send cards to the elderly is fantastic! I'd like to participage and I can even give some stamps for prizes. Let me know how I can help.

g said...

WOW this is just awesome!!

Trinh said...

Fantastic tablescape, Vera! I'd like to participate in your card drive. Look forward to seeing what you decide!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh... I love it! So cute! I have been trying to push myself to do more than cards lately! Cards are just so much faster! :)

Anonymous said...

very cute! this is going to look awesome on any table! thanks for playing this week at AIF
-Tammy DT Lead

Anonymous said...

WOW Vera! This is so awesome!! Love this! :)

Jenny said...

Sooo cute, love this!! Great job!! :D :D :D

Sandie said...

I can only agree with everyone else.. STUNNING!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Amazingly fun and adorable!!! Perfect table decor and flawless crafting

Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Lori B. Janise said...

Awesome! and I like your mom's idea. I want to do something so let me know how to participate with you!

sideoats + scribbles said...

VERA! This is seriously awesome! WOW!

Aimes said...

Ack! This is AWESOME!!!!!! What a fab idea!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Laura said...

WOW!!!Very creative,I love everything about it.thanks for joining us at stamps r us.

Alice said...

this is spook-tacular, Vera!! fabulous! love it!

Anonymous said...

Omg, this is fab!

Heather "Hev" said...

Amazing :) very well done :)

Such a lovely card - and I too hope you dont need it anytime soon!!

Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

Heather and the DT

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...