Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Butterfly & Doily

Last night, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and trying a more elegant look for my card. As those of you who regularly visiting my blog knows, my style is usually clean & simple or cutesy. Well, I decided to give elegant a try. And, I am even more pleased that I actually like the result.  

Challenges:
Let's Ink It Up - NO DIGI and Anything Goes
Pile It On - Anything Goes
BasicGrey  - BG ITEM and dots & spots

I made the card based on one of the skecth that I saw from Lucy's blog. I thought it was part of her week long sketch challenge. Wrong!! LOL, but it was one of her sketch, just not part of the sketch week challenge. Oh well...

I think the card still has my clean look somehow. I couldn't bring myself to add more stuff. I love the white space or in this case the blank space. And that doily... now I can see why people love using them in their card. It does add instant elegance to a card. I see myself playing with more doily and do more distressing.

BTW, I noticed that I almost reach the 200 followers point. Am thinking of doing a giveaway to celebrate. Stay tuned!

25 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad you decided to step out of your comfort zone because your card is beautiful! I love the double butterfly against the doily! So pretty! And I love that you kept it still "clean" and not cluttered! Beautiful Vera!

B said...

:) Yay for an elegant card!

Isha Gupta said...

Pure Elegance Vera...love the colors you use.

cowboydutrem said...

Wow that is such a beautiful card! Love the doily+butterfly and the large amount of free space...

Unknown said...

Elegant creation, love the simplistic design. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Virginia L. said...

FAbulous card! Your take on elegance is lovely, Vera!

Arlene said...

Great card! Elegant and lovely - beautiful butterfly.

Kathy Martin said...

Love! Great doily and butterfly!

Ann said...

Ohhh my! I love that green butterfly...and the doily...and the blue...oh gosh, I love the whole darn thing!

Sandie said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the design!

Barb said...

So pretty, Vera! Love the colors and wonderful use of the doily!

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW this is soooo pretty! Love the butterfly with the script on it and such a great colour combo! Thanks so much for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges!
hugs,t

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Vera...this is sooooo lovely! I love the butterfly too!

~amy~ said...

wonderfully elegant!

Katherine said...

Beautiful!

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!

Claire said...

Beautiful card, so elegant!Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Vera, this is beautiful!! I love the simplicity of this beauty!! Awesome butterfly!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty butterfly! In like the color scheme too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Trinh said...

This is beautiful, Vera! Love those colors, the text on the butterflies and the doily.

Lori said...

Gorgeous Card, I love your butterflies! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Simply beautiful!! I just love the butterflies paired with the doily and your colors. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Vera! love your layered butterfly!

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh this is beautiful Vera!

Scrappy said...

Would have loved to see your card, but it looks like I've missed it! From the other comments though, it must've been amazing! Hope you'll be back to join us at PIO again sometime soon!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...