Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wishing You Sunshine

People it is COLD here in Houston! 20F this morning when I left the house! According to the weather channel, yesterday morning the temp drop from 70 to 50 in a matter of 20 minutes. By evening it's 22F! Okay, I know for those of you who live in Michigan or New York, or any place that's used to snow, it's probably nothing. But for a girl coming from tropical country??? Oh my goodness.

I am not complaining though, because many of you are in the middle of snow storms, blizzard, etc. I feel for you.  At least here it's not snowing. Although... part of me kind of wish it's snowing. LOL, we're Houstonians not use to snow, so any time it snow, people at work have tendency to let you go home early for safety reason.

Anyway, with the chilly weather and gray looking weather... it made me wish for blue skies & sunshiny day. Something happy and cheerful! The Esty Inspired Challenge this week is featuring Too Cute Kawaii store and I found the perfect inspiration. This:


I love the dog's face. Based on this I want to create something with cute animal. And I have this cute cat stamp that I've been wanting to use, because it has the most adorable face.

Challenges:
Stamps R Us - Animals
Totally Gorjuss - As you like it
 
This card made me smile cause it's cutesy overload with cheerful colors abound. I think I found my favorite color combo. And did you notice that the tail is curled up? I didn't take pic from the side, but I curled the tail up and it looks so cute!! Sigh.... I love cute stuff.

The borders were made using Border Background stamp from Schlosser Designs. I won 3 sets from them late last year and I felt so bad that I haven't get a chance to use them much.  I did make a couple cards with the sets before and I do love the quality of their stamp.

Also, don't forget you have 9 more days to enter my Thank You giveaway. Click on the giveaway link on top of the blog or on the sidebar (the Basic Grey papers pic). You all stay safe and warm!!

13 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

So SWEET! A gray kitty just like my boys! ;)

Angi Barrs said...

I'm in Houston too. Hating this weather. Love the sweet colors on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

Michele Gross said...

Oh Vera! That is soooooo CUTE!! I love the happy little pattern you've created and your kitty is just delightful :)

de said...

This is adorable! I love it!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Kryssi said...

super sah-weeeeet card, vera! the colors make me happy.

Christiana said...

This card is so sweet! I love the soft way you've colored the kitty digi! Beautiful.

Ann said...

Super sweet!

Kat said...

Love that sweet image and the coloured border. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Alice said...

love love the colors you used, Vera! so sweet and delightful. love it!

Jacquel said...

This is totally cute & has such a soft feel! Great work & thanks for playing along with Etsy this week!!!

Alex said...

This is really cute! I have that stamp of the kitty and still haven't used it... *tut* hehe.. Love, Alex

Mary J said...

So very sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Ruby said...

Aw, so sweet! Love the patterns at the bottom too! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...