Thursday, March 31, 2011

Under The Sea

Today is one of those day where I just don't know what to write. :) No story to share. So, let's just get on with the card, shall we? 

Here's my bright color card. I have this KI Memories paper forever, from when they first started. Yep, I have lots of old patterned papers that I just love and still keep in my stash waiting to be used. Well, this one finally get some extra love. ;)


I fussy cut all the images. Love this mermaid image. Have her for what... six months maybe? And.. yep, first time I used it. The seaweed is actually leaves ribbon from May Arts. I layered a couple of the leaves with a lighter color ones for dimension.

I honestly not sure how I feel about this card. I love bright colors, but sometime certain combo can be too bright for my taste. And, I think this is the case for this card. But, on the other hand, kids will probably like this card with it's bright, cheerful colors. Oh well...

Have agreat Thursday everyone!! I am sooo looking forward for Grey's Anatomy tonight. Love that show!

6 comments:

may-chu said...

lovely image, and such a cute card.
May xx

Tiffany Ervin said...

So pretty! Love your use of the leaf vine as the 'seaweed'!

Alice said...

love how you combined all the different elements together to create this scene. lovely card, Vera!

Anonymous said...

i think kids will like your bright colors.
ps: did you cry like me while watching Grey's Anatomy tonight???

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Vera.
luv
Debby

Andrea6760 said...

Hi Vera,

I love your mermaid card and the bright colors are fantastic! The paper is such a gorgeous blue and I admire how you took the time to cut out all of the images. The May Arts ribbon adds the perfect touch and using it for seaweed is genius!

Great Job!!
*Hugs*
~Andrea

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...