Friday, May 6, 2011

Little Princess

As a girly girl, I thought it's kind of funny that as a kid I actually never really got into fairy tale stories. I mean I enjoyed watching them, but somehow to this day I preferred animation where the main character are animals. Like, my all time favorite animation is The Lion King. That's the top 1. Follow by Land Before Time and Ice Age.

I do remember that Snow White was one of the first fairy tale animation that I saw. LOL, even then, I was more attracted to all the cute animals than the Snow White herself. Although, I have to admit I enjoyed watching "Tangled" recently.

Why the talk about fairy tale or princess? Because at A Day For Daisies, Tammy continue with her fairy tale series. And this week she releases many adorable princess. This image I used on my card, caught my eyes instantly, because... yep... the animals. And little Snow White is so adorable as well.



Here's an up-close of the image. I layeed the princess and the squirrel.


The whole scene is so springy, don't you think? That wood background is "Woodgrain" from Market Street Stamp. Another favorite! I do love their background stamp, because they're big enough to cover the whole card.

The ADFD gals created some super yummy samples. Go check out their fabulous projects HERE.

Right now, I have a super sore legs. A couple days ago, my cousin and I went to what we thought a resistance gym class, but turned out to be more of bootcamp class. Needless to say, I thought I was about to pass out from pain, and after 30 minutes we quit. And we kept laughing thinking what did we get ourselves into. My legs felt like jello that day. And today is day 2 of being sore. Hubby keep laughing because I cannot bend (it hurt too much), so I challenge him to catch up with me and start his exercise program. :)

Since I am sore, I guess the best way to nurse the pain is by sitting on my desk and make cards! Wishing you all a lovely day.

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous!!! Jo x

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Lovely card, vera. I never seen any stmp like this before. So beautiful. Love ur cas style as usual j)
Tfs.have a nice weekend!

Alice said...

such a pretty image and your coloring is fabulous. beautiful card, Vera! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)

Nancy K said...

What a lovely card, Vera....it's so sweet and perfectly colored. I think you should enter this in the Lily Pad Cards Color Throw Down, your colors are an exact match.
blessings to you~

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...