Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday Recap

I have the sweetest blogging friends. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Some left the birthday wishes on my post here, some on the Flickr group, and many on Facebook. Thank you so much for making my day. I really appreciate you all.

Hubby took Monday and Tuesday off. He needed the break from work and we did a staycation. Monday, we went to the zoo. I know, it's so nerdy, but we love it. At the zoo's store, I saw the cutest giraffe stuff animal and hubby got it for me. :) Didn't I tell you, I have a bit of Peter Pan syndrome? I think part of me would never fully grow up. LOL, I do love stuff animals, especially the cute & soft one. Then we went for late lunch at Benihana, which is one of my favorite place to eat, and finish the day chilling at the house.

On my birthday, I woke up and hubby serenaded me with the Happy Birthday song. He's really good at doing the little things that just makes me feel so special. I chatted with my mom for quite a while and then my in-laws called and they're so sweet, they serenaded me with a duet.

We went and saw Mr. Poppers Penguins, which is pretty entertaining and the penguins are soooo cute! Then we decided to do happy hour. And hubby got me my favorite dessert, cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. All in all it was a low key, but sweet birthday. Now, next year, if my family reunion really happening, hopefully I'll be celebrating my birthday in Bali with my whole family! Crossing my fingers. :)

Okay, enough babbling. On to card, shall we? I have this congrats card to enter to this year Paper Crafts Gallery Idol. This year, there are more participants and entries, so, I can only hope that I can be lucky enough to get pick again. :) Here's my card:


For the text background and sentiment, I created it myself, using  Microsoft Words. The skyscraper image is from Echo Park Sidewalk Chalk set (from Jessicasprague.com).

Chapter 36 has officially started and I am looking forward to hopefully fill  this chapter with many good things. Again thank you to everyone for your sweet and kind wishes. If I could hug you in person I would. :) Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Kryssi said...

WOW I loooooooove it, Vera!! Happy belated bday!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

such a darling card, vera--happy belated bday:) good luck with the contest!

Jay Gee said...

Happy Belated birthday Vera... sounds like you had a wonderful time :) I think your card is amazing! Good luck with Idol.

Alice said...

so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time celebrating! =) and fabulous card, Vera! love love the colorful city!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...