Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SOG Coy Kaylee & Valentine Card Drive

Good morning! Wow, what a way to start the week. Yesterday, for the first time since my 16 years here on this  part of Texas to see tornado warning for our area. Well, actually they said tornado touchdown in our county. Luckily, our area only got the heavy rain.

Our street was flooded and I ended up staying at home instead of going to work. Thank goodness my boss agree with me that me driving in the flood is a bad idea. So, hubby and I spent the day at home with the doggies, who barked at every thunder. Sigh.... Can't complaint, really. Last year we had such a bad drought, we needed the rain. I am just glad that our house and us are safe. :)

Now, on to card. This week, Some Odd Girl is releasing a bunch of fabulous & adorable Valentine's digi stamps. It started yesterday, actually with the release of 2 Hearts Kody and Mae. In case you missed it,  you can always check it out at Some Odd Girl blog.

Today, we're showcasing the second image. Here's Coy Kaylee.


Ack... how cute & flirty she looks?? I am also quite happy with my hair coloring on this one. Coloring with Copic still a learning process for me as everything that I do truly based on trial and error and watching other people coloring. Am hoping that when I meet Kristy (the girl behind SOG), Leah, and Melissa at CHA, I can learn a thing or two from them, since they're so good at coloring. :)

                                                         

Also, another thing I want to mention. A sweet card maker, whom I met through Gallery Idol, Winter Sims is doing Valentine Card Drive and I would love if you could help and send some cards for this cause. Winter is collecting Valentine cards for the kids at St. Jude's, Vanderbilt, and TX Children's Hospital.


Feel free to help spread  the word for this awesome cause. Thank you for stopping by here. I really appreciate you all. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nobody does CAS quite like you do Vera, this card is so sweet and pretty! Kaylee looks fabulous and I love the sentiment on the note pad paper! Awesome!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute image--LOVE your coloring and I LOVE the CAS design!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...