Thursday, November 15, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes With AA

We're finally getting some cooler weather here in Houston. It's pretty nice, except when you have to take the dogs out in the morning at 4am!! Yep, my old lady, Ollie who is  going on 15 years old like to wake us up that early. And we have to get up as she won't stop barking till we do.

On top of the dog barking, this week poor hubby didn't get much sleep since he's been dealing with super bad toothache  A visit to the dentist and some deep cleaning later, hubby face is swollen and he's in s much pain. He has a hard time sleeping as the pain keep him awake. :( Really praying that it will heal soon.

On a much lighter note, I do have a cutie card to share with you. And, psst... my card has a sneak peek of the Avocado Arts December set. Ah... penguin make me happy. I love Happy Feet not because of the story, but just so I can stare at those cute baby penguins! Hm... I get distracted easily, huh? Here's the card:



And guess what I used for the bow tie? The thingy for the kite from Perfectly Perfect Day set (not sure what you called it, so I assume thingy is the right word *wink*). Yeah, I am pretty impressed with myself that I remember to used that itty bitty little piece. Call it the simple pleasure of life. I get excited when I get to combine several sets in one card, even if it means using 1 itty bitty item. :)

That's it from me today and please check out what the Pit Crew has created for today's hop. Oh, did I mention we have a giveaway with the hop? We're giving away 3 mini sets and you can check all the details at Avocado Arts blog. Thank you for stopping by here.





17 comments:

gRiSeL™ said...

CAS beauty! LOVE the subtle winter scene! So peaceful and sweet! (:

Maria said...

very cute

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

AWESOME!!!

Carol said...

Super cute sets! Thanks for the inspiration and project ideas!


Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

cm said...

Vera - I hope your husband's toothache heals quickly! I'm sure that, despte his pain, he smiled when he saw your card - I know I certainly did! Your penguin is cute; you've showcased the new stamps wonderfully. Thank you for sharing and inspiring. "Get well soon" wishes coming your way to pass on to your husband.

Nancy Roberta said...

cute cards - you always have such great ideas.

Ashley Harris said...

Cute simple card!

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like your bow tie thingy!

mandalj said...

I love your cute card and I think the bowtie is genius!

Joyce said...

Your card is just darling. I just stopped by to say hi, and to tell you that I sent you a parcel of cards for your drive, and they should arrive on Saturday. Now, I need to check out that adorable owl stamp with glasses. I'm sunk. Only thing better than penguins, in my opinion, is owls.

Sherry Butcher said...

Love you penguin, cute. TFS.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

He is so stinkin cute!!!

Andrea said...

What a great bowtie accent!!

Paulette S said...

Penguins are so cute. I love them too. So is he a die? I have a BossKut and a Quickutz one. I like that yours has a flat bottom. Great thinking on the bow tie thingie.

Loly Borda said...

Super cute Vera. I specially love the bow tie.

GSGC StrongFamily said...

What a cute little penguin!

cassie said...

what an adorable penguin! love your card.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...