Monday, January 21, 2013

A Love Note & Good News

Hi'ya everyone! How's our weekend? Hubby and I enjoyed a low key weekend. We went to see The Last Stand, which turned out better than I expected. I guess, I do have my dad's gene after all. :) My dad's love action movies and back in the 80's, 90's his favorite were Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzeneger, Bruce Willis, etc. And, from all the preview I've been seeing many of them are coming out with new movies this year. I think part of why I am excited about these movies is because they remind me of my dad.

My siblings and I get our love of movie from my dad. In fact, when I cleaned up my dad's stuff after he passed away, I found 3 books where he kept a list of movies that he watched back in the 50s. And, each of us also keep a list of movies we watch through the year (although my older brother stop his after his laptop was stolen). I still continue doing mine. 

On Sunday, I added The Lorax to my movie list for 2013. That animation is actually cute! So I got my action & I got my cutesy stuff in. ;)

Okay, enough blabbing. I was also being quite creative this weekend. I even finished 3 of my next month DT projects. And, I made some cards just for fun. Like this one.


Not quite my style, huh? Yep, one of my resolution for this year: to actually use more patterned paper. Not as easy as I'd like, but am getting there. And, on this card not only I used patterned paper, I used washi tape as well and mistable canvas feather from Studio Calico. I am patting my own back for stepping out of my comfort zone. I have to convince myself that it's not too busy.

So, what about you? Are you the type that use patterned paper a lot or prefer minimal patterned paper on your projects? 

Oh yeah, speaking about patterned paper, I have good news to share. I didn't think this company would invite me to be part of their team since I don't use patterned paper a lot, but they did... I am now officially part of Paper Made Bakery. You can see their announcement HERE. :)

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

CUTE card...you know how I love patterned paper:)

Wahooooooooooo on making the Paper Made Bakery team...we're going to work together!!!!!! Sooooooooo happy!!!!

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love the colours on this card and you rocked the patterned paper. I'm trying to use more too this year! And big congrats on making the PMB team!

Kelly said...

congrats! love those feathers!

Angi Barrs said...

Congrats on making the team. I'm so happy to work with you. Love your adorable card too. :)

Laurel said...

Cool card and congrats on the DT!

Annette Allen said...

woohoo congrats on the new DT.. love your card..

Virginia L. said...

GREAT card, Vera! I love the use of elements! And congrats on your new DT!

Lucy Newton said...

Congratulations Vera!!!

Loly Borda said...

Yay! Congrats on your new DT. I do use design paper all the time. For me to step out of my comfort zone would be use more stamps and make one layer cards. BTW, yours is fun.

Glenda J said...

Super cute card Vera! Thrilled to be on the team with you! Congrats!

Tiff said...

This card is YUMMY!!!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...