Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year

Made a couple cards to play along with Papertrey Ink birthday sketch challenge. I followed 2 of the sketch.
The 1st card using sketch #4 which caught my interest right away.


And here's my card using Pretty Peonies set.


Then I made another card using sketch #5.


Instead of circles I decided to use the hexagon stamp which I have had on hand for months and only now using it. So, I am pretty happy that I finally got to use it.



Yep, spent my morning making cards even though today is Chinese New Year. A day that used to be a big deal for me when I was a kid. We'd all get new clothes and I always pick one with red on it. Then we'd start the morning by going to the temple, and then we went out to visit family & friends. The tradition is the younger person visits the older person or family.

Now that I am in the States unfortunately I don't  really celebrate it anymore except in spirit. It's not like I have people visiting us since none of my friends here celebrate the day and among my cousins family here, I am one of the younger ones, so I supposed to go to them. 

At least this year there' a bit of excitement. I get to Skype with my whole family including my niece Shakira who is about 7 weeks old now. This is her 1st Chinese New Year and she dressed up to the 9. I just have to share her cute pic here.


She is such a smiley baby and sometime I could feel my heart ache for not being able to see her in person, yet. But, I made my mom & brothers promise to tell her about me. And am hoping that by the end of this year I'll get to meet her. With that note, to all my family & friends who are celebrating the Chinese New Year I wish you all a very happy New Year. May the year of the snake brings you joy, health & prosperity. Cheers...

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the way you interpreted the sketches. The cards are marvelous.

Arlene said...

Love the way you interpreted the sketches. The cards are marvelous.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...