Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello Sweet

First of all, I want to say thank you so much to all the kind words you all left on my post for Ollie yesterday. Your kind words do bring me comfort. It's only been 2 days and we are still feeling the pain. I know it will takes time, but we'll heal. Please know that I really, really appreciate your heartwarming words.

At first, I really didn't feel like creating. I actually hadn't touch my crafting desk for a week as I had been worrying about Ollie. But, last night, I forced myself to sit and create. Not to dwell on my sadness. 

The vet gave me a book on dealing with the loss of a pet. The book said take your time to grieve. Acknowledge your loss. Give yourself 20 minutes to cry a good cry and then do something that makes you happy. For me, that would be creating.

As I was looking for inspiration, I found Avery Elle sketch challenge and I do need to create a post for i {heart} papers, so it was perfect. Good inspiration and duty are good incentives.


Hubby always said Ollie is such a sweetheart and it makes me think of the sentiment "hello sweet". :)

I used three Avery Elle sets to create this card:  the word hello from Oh Yeah, the word sweet from Celebrate and the leaves and flower are from Laurels set (along with the matching dies).

I want to create a soft look, so for the layered circle, I created a mask and color it with distress ink. Once the inner circle done, I cover that and use another larger circle mask and again fill it with distress ink. Then I added the black polka dot patterned paper (from Simple Stories Say Cheese 6x6 pad) and stamped the sentiment. Finished it with leaves, flower and sequins.

Thank you for swinging by here and again thank you so much for all your kind words.

3 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vera :-) I love the chalkboard effect :-)

I think creating does help to ease the hurt a little bit. It will take time, just know that she was so very lucky to have had such a wonderful life with you. Remember the good times xxx

sending a hug xxx
luv
Lols x xx

Rachel said...

this is really really pretty. so glad youre taking some time for yourself!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Nina Yang said...

So sorry about your loss, Vera... Hugs!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...