Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Girl Cave

A few months back, I get to share my creative space on CardMaker blog. Then I realized that I never shared those pics here. On my own blog. We have to fix that, right?

In our house, hubby refer to his room as his man cave. So, I guess my room can be called as my girl cave then? Hah... It's a my happy cave for sure.

Let's see, here's what you see from the door. My room is very mix match. The furniture didn't match. I have white, light wood, dark wood, almost black wood, etc. But, at the end it kind of give the room its own personality.



Edited to add: In response to June K question, yes that's the doggy bed in the middle. I have 2 little shadows that like to follow me to my room & snuggle or playing there. :)

Here is a view of my desk. Yes, it only look like this for may be 15 minutes. The table used to be my dining table from my single day. The hutch is from Ikea. It's slightly longer than my desk, but when I saw it, I just had to have it. We were shopping for bedside table and I saw this, I told hubby, forget bedside table, I'll take this instead. I love this hutch. :)




Here is the view on the opposite side. On top of the short drawer we placed a granite that was a leftover from one of our job site. It was about to be thrown out and hubby asked me if I could use it, so now it holds my paper cutter, Cuttlebug & score board.




Next to my computer is the Silhouette Cameo. Next to the desk is this paper shelving that I scored from a LSS when they closed out. 

  

Opposite from the entry door is the ribbon rack that hubby built. Originally it was only 5 row tall. Back then I was designing for May Arts, so within just a few months I had to get the shelves extended. Thank goodness for hubby that can build stuff. 

So, there's my girl cave. Filled with pretty papers and ribbons and all kind of crafty stuff that makes me happy. :) Hope you enjoy this little peek into my space. Thank you for stopping by here and have a blessed Thursday.

9 comments:

June K said...

Thanks for sharing your girl cave, Vera. Looks very spacious. Is the center of the room a dog bed?

Dotty Jo said...

Love your cave! Jo x

Shelly said...

If I had that much space, I'd think I'd be lost! lol I only wish, I had a room! ;) Love your girl cave, Vera! :)

Julie C. said...

Love your girl cave, Vera! Especially the ribbon rack. I need to know someone that can build!! ^_^ Thanks for sharing!

Wida said...

what a serene room :)

Arlene said...

I love the "girl cave" - just love it.

~amy~ said...

How fun! I love seeing crafty caves:)

Cindy C. said...

Oh You have a great Girl Cave!! I enjoyed the tour!!! TFS!

Darnell said...

I love your happy space, Vera! The minty color on the walls is so pretty and your ribbon display is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Darnell

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...