Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Caring Hearts Update and Simon Says Stamp December Release

Hi peeps!! I want to pop in to share some update on Caring Hearts Card Drive. We are working hard behind the scene to get all the cards sort out, box and ship out to the nursing homes. At my end alone, I received 22,631 cards. My girlfriends came over 2 weekend in a row to help me stuff the envelope and packing the cards.

I don't have the final number yet for everyone, hopefully we can get that finalize this weekend. I will do the prize announcement hopefully by Monday and will email the winners. Please be patient as it is a lot of work to get things done. I work full time, so I can only work on the card drive after work. And for the past 2 weeks pretty much after work all I did was working on the card drive to get it all completed. LOL, I am sure hubby is ready to have our dining room back. We've been using the kitchen counter as our dining area for the past few weeks. 

Another fun tidbits, Caring Hearts made the local news in Ottawa, Canada. Caroline Bredeson who has been volunteering to collect for the Canada side was interviewed and she really get to talk about Caring Hearts. You can see the news HERE. I am pretty giddy over this. :)

Now, on to Simon Says Stamp new release. I get to play with this sweet Joy To The World set. I keep my card clean and simple and let the image take center stage.




I sure do like white background. The CAS  girl in me always rejoice when I can have quite a bit of white space on my card.  Here's a look at the card from different angle.




How sweet are these images? Make sure you swing by Simon Says Stamp blog today to see more inspiration from their latest release. Thank you all for stopping by here. Cheers....

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, what a great news story! I send my cards to Caroline each year so it is nice to put a face to the name! Thanks for sharing the link! This card drive is important to me - thank you for all the time and effort that you - and all the other volunteers - put into it! Your card is beautiful!

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. [Bunny]

Dawn Darlene said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing the video about the card drive. It's fun to be a tiny part of something meaningful, and to see that thing be recognized. Thanks for the work you and your volunteers do.

Marcia said...

vera - You and all the Caring Hearts Volunteers are amazing. I wish I lived closer to you, I would be over to help clean off your dining room table. So excited that you got the attention that you did. It's truly wonderful what you all are doing!!

Eliece said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on the Caring Hearts card drive. And thank you for all your hard work.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...